Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rob Phillips
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Default Verizon expected to crack down on unlimited customers using 'extraordinary amount of data'

Verizon is said to be planning a crackdown of sorts on unlimited data customers who are found to be using an "extraordinary amount of data."

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Default Verizon expected to crack down on unlimited customers using 'extraordinary amount of data'

(Laughing) as well as #smh!...Unlimited means without limits. VZW and others offered unlimited data plans to attract customers and it worked, and now they're doing everything in their power to move those attracted customers to a tiered plan of some sort. Now VZW is targeting customers who use an "unlimited" er um, "extraordinary amount of data". #smh
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,261 Global Posts

Default Re: Verizon expected to crack down on unlimited customers using 'extraordinary amount of data'

Will be interesting to see what amount get categorized as "extraordinary".

Default Re: Verizon expected to crack down on unlimited customers using 'extraordinary amount of data'

SMH! This is just greedy. Unfortunately, Verizon is king in my area from a coverage perspective. Otherwise I'd seriously considering leaving them.
    Spencerdl and pr1nce like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,273 Global Posts

Better than what TMO does, they just cut your speed until you find other means of mobile data...

Half the time I can hardly get a page to display on my TMO phone...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    Better than what TMO does, they just cut your speed until you find other means of mobile data...

Half the time I can hardly get a page to display on my TMO phone...
    I have T-Mobile unlimited and I do use a fair amount of data. I've never had that problem. They do throttle at 26 GB's though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,585 Global Posts

I'm just waiting for an unhappy customer that loses their "unlimited" data to sue Verizon.