Opera's free unlimited VPN app for iOS lets you surf the web anonymously

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Opera has launched a free VPN app on iOS that lets you browse the web anonymously from your iPhone and iPad. The app offers unlimited access to Opera's VPN service, with five countries available to choose from at launch: USA, Canada, Germany, Singapore, and The Netherlands.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Any thoughts on this? I just installed this today on my 6s and am curious to see how well it works with Chrome, etc. I dont use Opera.. Hope it doesn't slow down my connection too much!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Two comments:

1. Displaying Battery Percentage on my iPhone SE doesn't work, because there's no room for it in the status bar, now that the "VPN" icon is being constantly displayed.

2. According to Chris Houston, the president of SurfEasy, Opera will insert advertisements into Opera VPN, although he couched the plan as "likely" rather than certain. "While there are not ads today, advertisements will likely be introduced in the application in the future," Houston said in a long post to his company's blog today.

SurfEasy -- now a division of Opera Software -- will also sell anonymized collections of data acquired from users of Opera VPN, said Houston. "This information is made available to third parties who are interested in better understanding the mobile ecosystem and how it's evolving," he explained. (Source: ComputerWorld)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR