Microsoft's Word Flow keyboard is now available for your iPhone

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My problem with swiftkey is that it never pops up for emails. I tried again last night and got same results. I don't even get the globe to change it in an email. It works ok other places.

That's odd. Do all 3rd party keyboards do that?
Actually, that sounds like something with your email server. I haven't heard of it with any other SwiftKey users. I frequent the SwiftKey VIP forum.
Are you using the stock Mail app? Some clients may have disabled 3rd party keyboards. Google disabled them in the Chrome browser.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I gave it a try, nice idea, give them props for execution. However, for the same 2 reasons I dumped Swiftkey, I dumped this as well.

1) As mentioned above, no mic button (and yes I know Apple doesn't allow access)

2) I use the 3D Touch/Force Touch trackpad function in the stock keyboard multiple times a day. It's finally become second nature for me; instead stretching my thumb up to move the cursor, the muscle memory now automatically hard presses the keyboard. It's become a great time saver for me.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. Do all 3rd party keyboards do that?
Actually, that sounds like something with your email server. I haven't heard of it with any other SwiftKey users. I frequent the SwiftKey VIP forum.
Are you using the stock Mail app? Some clients may have disabled 3rd party keyboards. Google disabled them in the Chrome browser.

Exchange for work. Gmail and yahoo for personal. It may be exchange now that I think about it.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I was impressed and still impressed. Word prediction has been excellent, even better than swiftkey for me. For SwiftKey, it took input for the word prediction to improve. WordFlow on the other hand, just knows off the bat what I am trying to type. The only thing that sucks for me though is that for words like "sometimes", it changes it to "som...es" because I use an iphone SE. That and the lack of skintones suck, but I'll probably still use it anyway. It just needs to be better with those two things.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was impressed and still impressed. Word prediction has been excellent, even better than swiftkey for me. For SwiftKey, it took input for the word prediction to improve. WordFlow on the other hand, just knows off the bat what I am trying to type. The only thing that sucks for me though is that for words like "sometimes", it changes it to "som...es" because I use an iphone SE. That and the lack of skintones suck, but I'll probably still use it anyway. It just needs to be better with those two things.

I'm in agreement with you in regard to word prediction. For the short time I had the keyboard installed, that's the one thing that stood out for me. I didn't care about the one handed option, but it wasn't that bad. Overall, the keyboard was "okay" in the sense that it didn't bring anything that would make me dump the native keyboard in favor of it. Know what I mean?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I tested the memory of both SwiftKey and Workflow. SwiftKey was much quicker with adding words to the predictive box. Test it with a made up email address and see.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm in agreement with you in regard to word prediction. For the short time I had the keyboard installed, that's the one thing that stood out for me. I didn't care about the one handed option, but it wasn't that bad. Overall, the keyboard was "okay" in the sense that it didn't bring anything that would make me dump the native keyboard in favor of it. Know what I mean?

Same here.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I gave it a try, nice idea, give them props for execution. However, for the same 2 reasons I dumped Swiftkey, I dumped this as well.

1) As mentioned above, no mic button (and yes I know Apple doesn't allow access)

2) I use the 3D Touch/Force Touch trackpad function in the stock keyboard multiple times a day. It's finally become second nature for me; instead stretching my thumb up to move the cursor, the muscle memory now automatically hard presses the keyboard. It's become a great time saver for me.

The EXACT two reasons I dumped it too. My iPhone gets a lot of usage, especially for work. I've gotten really used to dictating texts and emails and using the trackpad. I haven't been able to bring myself to use anything missing either one of those features for more than a few minutes.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The EXACT two reasons I dumped it too. My iPhone gets a lot of usage, especially for work. I've gotten really used to dictating texts and emails and using the trackpad. I haven't been able to bring myself to use anything missing either one of those features for more than a few minutes.

The way you use dictation you're better off forgetting about the mic issue