Sorry Galaxy S7, new camera shootout proves iPhone still best

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Canon makes a better camera, but which phone is better? Although the camera plays a part of the whole experience, when it comes down to it, which phone will be better?

frfsn

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
anyone pay you to open this blog?, i think you were drunk to even compare iphone camera with the galaxy s7 camera, even galaxy s6 as take it bether photos than the 6s plus , and i had a iphone 6 plus before

frfsn

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
im not a fanboy, i had a iphone 6 plus 1 mounth ago, this should be the only site in the world that is saying the iphone have bether camera lol, and i think you dont even look the pictures on that blog, im not the only one telling that , im not blind , look the comentarys on that blog, even apple users is telling otherwise

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
im not a fanboy, i had a iphone 6 plus 1 mounth ago, this should be the only site in the world that is saying the iphone have bether camera lol, and i think you dont even look the pictures on that blog, im not the only one telling that , im not blind , look the comentarys on that blog, even apple users is telling otherwise

That's perfectly fine, but if you're going to come on here calling the editors drunks and asking if they've been bribed your posts are NOT going to be very well received. Feel free to express your opinion, but do it in a respectful manner.

frfsn

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
i didnt said he was drunk, i said i ''think'', i didnt desrespect him, i saw this blog in a tecnology site and everyone was laughting at calling aplle users fan boys and etc, i think its embarassing for the community , i was a apple user and see this blogs by a administrator in a apple site its a shame

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What I find amusing is that Android preferred users act as though the camera on the iPhone 6s/6s Plus is very bad when it's not that much behind the s7. I will admit that the S7 in my opinion has a better camera but not by that much. What I also find amusing is that Android preferred users are always comparing their devices to Apple, that alone should tell you something. LOL

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm one of those people who don't put a lot of stock in a smartphone's camera. I mean, it has never been and probably will never be a deciding factor in regard to me buying a smartphone. Maybe it's because I don't take a lot of pics with my phone or the fact that when I'm about to take pics of an event or something I deem important, I'll grab my Nikon D90 DSLR camera. I've also learned years ago that pics can look very different from device to device, but they often look the same when printed. Lastly, I'm too old to waste my time bickering or even being concerned with the opinions of someone who has concluded that one device's camera takes better pics than another device's camera. It's just his or her opinion. If you're one of the ones who disagree, fine. Disagree and be done with it. If you're one of the ones who agree, fine. Agree and be done with it....

frfsn

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
no1 here said the iphone 6 camera is bad, i just said galaxy camera was bether, ''What I also find amusing is that Android preferred users are always comparing their devices to Apple, that alone should tell you something. '' , did you read the blog?, the blog was made by a admistrator on this site , and it was comparing iphone camera with the samsung camera, the only one here comparing something its apple admistrator off this site, everyone just replayed to him.. i know android users like to compare to iphone , like iphone users like to compare to, but in this case it was the blog made by a apple user

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who do not want to read the entire article, but would like to read the "conclusion", check it out below:

It's not easy to tell which device wins this contest, as both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy S7 dominate a couple of categories. The iPhone's strengths are in situations with ample light, particularly with the sun as a source; Apple manages to capture photos with more natural colors and less artificial sharpening. This is especially evident in shots with lots of minute detail, or in macros.

The Galaxy S7, on the other hand, performs well in lower light, owing to a larger sensor and wider aperture. That said, the device doesn't outright dominate, as photos taken in dim situations tend to emerge warmer and less lifelike.

The takeaway, as we often say at the end of these comparisons, is that both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy S7 pack extraordinarily capable smartphone cameras. The same can be said for the year-old iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy S6. Even the iPhone 5s pulls out some nice photos.

Still, there can be only one. And in this shootout, under these conditions, with this hardware and software, to our eyes the iPhone 6s Plus came out on top.

Source: http://www.imore.com/best-camera-iphone-6s-samsung-galaxy-s7

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who do not want to read the entire article, but would like to read the "conclusion", check it out below:

It's not easy to tell which device wins this contest, as both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy S7 dominate a couple of categories. The iPhone's strengths are in situations with ample light, particularly with the sun as a source; Apple manages to capture photos with more natural colors and less artificial sharpening. This is especially evident in shots with lots of minute detail, or in macros.

The Galaxy S7, on the other hand, performs well in lower light, owing to a larger sensor and wider aperture. That said, the device doesn't outright dominate, as photos taken in dim situations tend to emerge warmer and less lifelike.

The takeaway, as we often say at the end of these comparisons, is that both the iPhone 6s Plus and Galaxy S7 pack extraordinarily capable smartphone cameras. The same can be said for the year-old iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy S6. Even the iPhone 5s pulls out some nice photos.

Still, there can be only one. And in this shootout, under these conditions, with this hardware and software, to our eyes the iPhone 6s Plus came out on top.

Source: http://www.imore.com/best-camera-iphone-6s-samsung-galaxy-s7

Agreed. I believe that both phones take phenomenal pictures. What I will say though, and this was pointed out in David's article, the iPhone takes a more natural looking picture. Consumers, however, tend to like oversaturated pictures for some reason. Samsung realizes that and tends to oversaturate pictures.

Last edited:

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Very good article and great comparison. Both phones did a great job in different situations. Both had their pluses and minuses. But on a further note, any good photo editing app can make those minuses look good. It's nice to see that you can win with either phone you decide to go with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods