- 16,184 Posts
FBI director posts open letter on dispute with Apple
'Looking survivors in the eye' leads emotional plea for invasive new legal tools.
James Comey, director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, has posted an open letter on the ongoing dispute with Apple. The FBI wants Apple to create a version of iOS that would allow for faster and easier brute-force attacks on passcodes in order to gain access to information on iPhones and iPads. Apple believes such a tool, once created, will be demanded again and again by governments around the world, including those hostile towards their own citizens, and will inevitably fall into the hands of hackers and criminals as well. Comey disagrees.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 02-22-2016, 08:04 AM #2
- 02-22-2016, 04:31 PM #3
- 02-23-2016, 05:18 AM #4
- By Father Tech in forum iPad mini 4Replies: 15Last Post: 04-05-2016, 03:51 AM
- By suken123 in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 4Last Post: 02-27-2016, 08:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2016, 06:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2016, 04:53 AM