iPhone 7 once again rumored to abandon the 3.5mm headphone jack

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, not sure why they would want to stay with the industry standard, especially when everyone has expensive headphones with that plug? Yup, real smart....

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, not sure why they would want to stay with the industry standard, especially when everyone has expensive headphones with that plug? Yup, real smart....

I'm sure it'll come with some sort of adapter that plugs into the Lightning port, much like the MacBook's USB-C port.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it'll come with some sort of adapter that plugs into the Lightning port, much like the MacBook's USB-C port.

Well won't that be just a pain! And what benefit will the general public derive from an odd sized Apple plug or having to use an adapter? Yeah, that's sorta what I thought...... Nothing! LOL. Would Apple really be that dumb? I would hope not!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well won't that be just a pain! And what benefit will the general public derive from an odd sized Apple plug or having to use an adapter? Yeah, that's sorta what I thought...... Nothing! LOL. Would Apple really be that dumb? I would hope not!

It's not unlike what they did with the MacBook. Everything is a give and a take though. Removing the headphone jack allows them to utilize that space for other components (i.e. battery) or a smaller bezel. I'm not saying I agree with it but I'll get used to it just like everything else. The iPhone is way too popular an audio device for them to make listening with headphones too inconvenient.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
It's not unlike what they did with the MacBook. Everything is a give and a take though. Removing the headphone jack allows them to utilize that space for other components (i.e. battery) or a smaller bezel. I'm not saying I agree with it but I'll get used to it just like everything else. The iPhone is way too popular an audio device for them to make listening with headphones too inconvenient.

Like I said earlier, they do it while running the risk of ticking a lot of users off. Typical? Maybe...

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Change is inevitable I knew this day would come sooner or later as 3.5 mm jack is rather old tech , ehhh it sucks but what can you do but embrace it lol.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My biggest hope is that in doing so, they don't make the phone any thinner than it already is. I actually think the iPhone 6 is somewhat slippery in my big spade-claw hands and I have to put a bigger case on it just to be able to grip it properly...

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a great idea! And I hope the iPhone is much thinner!! With wireless charging and Bluetooth earphones, this isn't a problem!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73