Tweetbot 4 gets active on iPhone and... iPad!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Tweetbot 4 beta for a while and it manages to be both the same and different. I was originally drawn to Tweetbot on iPhone because Twitter bought and eventually ruined Tweetie, which to me was an ideal way to rapidly triage Twitter on the go. And Tweetbot captured that same feeling perfectly. Yet Twitter's official apps, as convoluted as the interface became, kept adding new features and some of them were compelling. Tweetbot 4 for iOS, which now runs on iPhone and iPad, goes a long way to closing that gap while maintaining what makes it such a great experience.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Tweetbot 4 beta for a while and it manages to be both the same and different. I was originally drawn to Tweetbot on iPhone because Twitter bought and eventually ruined Tweetie, which to me was an ideal way to rapidly triage Twitter on the go. And Tweetbot captured that same feeling perfectly. Yet Twitter's official apps, as convoluted as the interface became, kept adding new features and some of them were compelling. Tweetbot 4 for iOS, which now runs on iPhone and iPad, goes a long way to closing that gap while maintaining what makes it such a great experience.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Still exploring Tweetbot 4.0 ... but so far:

✓ Dark mode
✓ Landscape mode
✓ iPad version (actually a universal app binary)

Showing promise, so far...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What's so funny? Currently # 1 paid app in the app store. Obviously there is a demand and people are willing to pay their 50% off price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't want landscape that bad. A lot of it is for the iPad. I'll stick with Tweetbot 3.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't want landscape that bad. A lot of it is for the iPad. I'll stick with Tweetbot 3.

And some nice iOS 9 specific features. And 3D Touch support on the pending update for new iPhone users. It's $5. You can't even grab a burger for that price anymore. Devs need to make a money if they are to keep developing. But hey, be cheap. Your the one missing out.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
And some nice iOS 9 specific features. And 3D Touch support on the pending update for new iPhone users. It's $5. You can't even grab a burger for that price anymore. Devs need to make a money if they are to keep developing. But hey, be cheap. Your the one missing out.

You're*

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If anyone wants to see some the biggest freeloading cheapskates on the face of the earth, check out the comments on the article.

I happily paid for the new version. Tapbots is great at supporting their Twitter client. I bought Tweetbot from its day 1 release years ago.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants to see some the biggest freeloading cheapskates on the face of the earth, check out the comments on the article.

I happily paid for the new version. Tapbots is great at supporting their Twitter client. I bought Tweetbot from its day 1 release years ago.

I don't disagree at all. I posted this in another thread on the subject of the new Tweetbot:

The App Store does not allow for "upgrade" pricing. So if the developer continues to update an existing app, the update is available to all who have the app, without additional cost. Of course, those updates are not "free" - they cost the developer time, effort, and sometimes they have to invest quite a bit of resources. In this case, the developer creates a new version (Tweetbot 3 vs Tweetbot 4)...

I have no problem paying for good software that I use regularly (daily/all day long). The developer deserves to be paid for their efforts. You may not like it, but this is how it works... and we all have to pay for things that we like/use/do.

I find it strange that people will pay $6 for a burger that fills them up one time, but want to complain about "having to" pay $4, $5 or $6 for an app that they use on a regular basis. The thing is, you don't have to pay for the update. You are free to continue using Tweetbot 3 for the price that you paid to get it however long ago you got it. But if you want the new updates, you have to pay for them.