- 16,223 Posts
XCodeGhost malware: What you need to know
Xcode, Apple's integrated development environment for making OS X and iOS apps, is 3.59 GB download. To save time and get faster speed, some Chinese developers have been searching for it on other, non-Apple sites. The versions of Xcode they find, however, have been infected with malware and compile apps that are infected as well. Researchers at Palo Alto Networks have dubbed this infected compiler and the resulting malware XcodeGhost.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 09-21-2015, 10:05 AM #2
Re: XCodeGhost malware: What you need to know
But how the heck do the infected apps make it past Apple's screening process?
And curious: I swear I read that Google can uninstall or disable apps on user's phones should they discover that an app in Google Play is infected with malware. Can Apple do something similar?
- 09-21-2015, 10:23 AM #3
- By Maninderjit Singh Sidhu in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 09-20-2015, 06:53 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 09-20-2015, 11:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2015, 07:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2015, 07:54 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2015, 06:48 AM