Marco Arment pulls Peace ad blocker from the App Store

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
His reasoning for pulling the app is pretty vague.
Was it blocking ads to aggressively (working too well) or was it a difference of opinion on implementation between himself & Ghostery?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
What does everyone think. I really wish he didn't. It's part of evolving. If we get hammered with adds it's nice to have. Some sites I just have chosen not to go to anymore due to the adds. We have been using them for years on the Mac and PC. Keep up the add blocking and let the add people figure out a better and less intrusive easy to make money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Per Marco's suggestion I requested a refund. Don't want to pay for an app that isn't supported. I got Crystal while it was free. Using that now.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I also got crystal while it was free but I'll use this for now because it works well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muchospanish

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Marco has a lot of integrity. I'm using Purify, but I whitelisted iMore.com and a couple of other sites. I'll buy imore's eBooks because these writers are extraordinary. I doubt too many people will whitelist anything, except for some of us on this forum.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand the rave with these ad-blockers. Does the Reader View function not work for y'all or something?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It's also the tracking (dozens on a page) and the initial page loads because of them that get annoying. I am no whitelisting anyone. They shoukd learn to monetize without the popover ads and the trackers. They can do all of this server side and the pages will load better for us.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's also the tracking (dozens on a page) and the initial page loads because of them that get annoying. I am no whitelisting anyone. They shoukd learn to monetize without the popover ads and the trackers. They can do all of this server side and the pages will load better for us.

Exactly! I've been saying as much for weeks. Loading is horrible in Safari. It's really bad in the Web View of TapaTalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods