Samsung offering iPhone owners a Galaxy Note 5 to 'Test Drive' for 30 days

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I hate that phone. Went to Best Buy to look at it. Samsung rep said "Do you have any questions?", I said yeah...

Why does that look like a larger version of my iPhone 6? Antenna lines, albeit in a different place on the device, yet still same color and similarity. Curvature in glass, though more extreme, still screams out iPhone. No removable battery or SD card? Really?

She tells me, "We're marketing to the masses!", So I say...

In other words you're marketing to the Apple crowd, is that why you've betrayed your actual fan base?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's an excellent deal, but I'm not interested. The iPhone and iOS continues to work well for 'me' and I don't have any plans to fix what's not broken...;)

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious to try it but it's telling me the Note 5 isn't available yet on AT&T but it's on AT&Ts site

Update: all 3 devices aren't unavailable. Come on Samsung, you want to entice us to try the new phones but your site won't let us.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That was quick they sold out already for the current time.

I wonder how many of those people will keep the device once the new iPhone's is officially introduced and how many of them already know in their heart that they're not going to keep it?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
That's me. I want to try the Note but I would never sell my iPhone in order to try it. So this is the perfect chance to try it already knowing with a 95% chance I won't convert.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually signed up for this and should be expecting by Note 5 by Monday. No matter if I like it or not I have no intentions of replacing my 6 Plus with it. But being the tech head that I am I simply could not pass up on this opportunity to try it out. Who knows If I end up liking it I will have 2 phones to play with ;)

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually signed up for this and should be expecting by Note 5 by Monday. No matter if I like it or not I have no intentions of replacing my 6 Plus with it. But being the tech head that I am I simply could not pass up on this opportunity to try it out. Who knows If I end up liking it I will have 2 phones to play with ;)

Did you get a shipping notice? I haven't seen one.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I actually went to T-Mobile today and played with one for about 45 minutes. Not bad, but not good enough for me to give up my 6 Plus

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna check it out also, not giving up my 6 plus though. I have a note 4. So I wanna see if it's worth the upgrade or note.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus  using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
They're saying over at Mac Rumors that people took advantage of this to have a chance to sell their current iPhone in anticipation of the new one without having to be phoneless...

Brilliant.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

xchpstang

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I was totally tempted to do this but the AT&T versions were sold out. It would take a monumental Apple blunder for me to switch and that's not likely to happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR