- 16,178 Posts
Safari isn't the new IE: it's the user-centric web
There's an op-ed that's making the rounds—Ars Technica re-published it—with a fairly provocative and sensational tile: Safari is the new Internet Explorer. It argues that Apple has become complacent with Safari and is letting it languish by not more aggressively adopting emerging web technologies like Service Worker, Web Components, Shadow DOM, and Web Manifests. It reads as sincere—and as frustrated.
From the point of view of a developer who's personal favorite new technologies aren't getting as wide or deep support as he'd like, that's certainly understandable. But there's another, arguably more important point of view to consider, which also seems to be the one Apple considering: users.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Eight Ball in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 5Last Post: 08-16-2015, 05:36 PM
- By boovish in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 07-06-2015, 01:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:00 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2015, 09:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM