I finally figured out why Samsung makes anti-iPhone ads...

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
galaxy-s6-top-alignment.jpg

Samsung keeps making commercials that, instead of highlighting features potential customers might find compelling, spend most of their time showing off iPhones, and trying to make iPhone owners look pained, beleaguered, and just plain stupid. It never made sense to me as an acquisition strategy, though. iPhone owners aren't going to appreciate being called stupid and switch to Samsung, they're going to call Samsung stupid right back. But with this latest commercial, where Samsung misrepresents the differences in charging methods, I finally understood what was going on. Samsung isn't trying to win over iPhone owners?they're desperate to keep Galaxy owners.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
From a 'logical' standpoint, what Ren? stated in that article made perfect sense.

Rene is a great writer. Why he continues to stoop for the sake of clicks is what leaves me scratching my head. The Samsung bashing articles have become a weekly addition to iMore and it just isn't needed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Rene is a great writer. Why he continues to stoop for the sake of clicks is what leaves me scratching my head. The Samsung bashing articles have become a weekly addition to iMore and it just isn't needed.

Samsung bashing? Are you serious? A retort or finding reason to explain Samsung's 'bashing' of the iPhone is not bashing by iMore, and that article was not even close to being bashing, in my opinion.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Samsung bashing? Are you serious? A retort or finding reason to explain Samsung's 'bashing' of the iPhone is not bashing by iMore, and that article was not even close to being bashing, in my opinion.

Are you serious? He pretty much admits it in the comments. He goes out of his way weekly to find a reason to stir up controversy by singling out Samsung. Why not LG? Why not HTC? Why not Motorola? Why not etc.....? It is only Samsung and it is EVERY week. It is old, stale and honestly comes off a cheap click-generating writing. Look at the comments from the other writers (very educated writers at that, they know the industry better than any of us) they feel the same way.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you serious? He pretty much admits it in the comments. He goes out of his way weekly to find a reason to stir up controversy by singling out Samsung. Why not LG? Why not HTC? Why not Motorola? Why not etc.....? It is only Samsung and it is EVERY week. It is old, stale and honestly comes off a cheap click-generating writing. Look at the comments from the other writers (very educated writers at that, they know the industry better than any of us) they feel the same way.

Okay. Having said that, should any of the tech writers and bloggers write about Samsung and their constant ridiculing of the iPhone and its owners? Should people who prefer non-Apple products and services be able to join iMore and post about the Note 4 or any other non-Apple product?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Okay. Having said that, should any of the tech writers and bloggers write about Samsung and their constant ridiculing of the iPhone and its owners? Should people who prefer non-Apple products and services be able to join iMore and post about the Note 4 or any other non-Apple product?

I really only follow Mobile Nations for tech. I mainly follow iMore and Android Central. I check the others occasionally. There is always has playful banter on both sides between the sites. But as of recently the scales have tipped. When Apple makes an announcement AC may have one snide quick article that is clearly a joke. But NOTHING like Renes quest to discredit all things Samsung.

Pretty much for me it adds nothing to iMore, if anything it takes away from a solid track record of Apple reporting.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

LG and HTC aren't doing iPhone bashing TV ads. Hell the last commercial I've seen for HTC with actors was for the EVO 3D.
Samsung's latest ad is trying to promote that taking 20 person selfies are so important that you gotta have the Galaxy and the iPhone fails at this. It's utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really only follow Mobile Nations for tech. I mainly follow iMore and Android Central. I check the others occasionally. There is always has playful banter on both sides between the sites. But as of recently the scales have tipped. When Apple makes an announcement AC may have one snide quick article that is clearly a joke. But NOTHING like Renes quest to discredit all things Samsung.

Pretty much for me it adds nothing to iMore, if anything it takes away from a solid track record of Apple reporting.

I don't have a problem with anyone discrediting a company for purposely misrepresenting a competitor's product. Any lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations should be exposed, whether by Apple, Samsung or any other entity. Having said that, do you give Samsung a pass for misrepresenting the iPhone and iPhone users via their numerous advertisements or is it merely 'business as usual' in the form of being competitive? If so, then why is it bashing for exposing the deliberate misrepresentations? Shouldn't consumers be made aware of the visual falsehoods to prevent them from possibly making a purchase they will regret?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
LG and HTC aren't doing iPhone bashing TV ads. Hell the last commercial I've seen for HTC with actors was for the EVO 3D.
Samsung's latest ad is trying to promote that taking 20 person selfies are so important that you gotta have the Galaxy and the iPhone fails at this. It's utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

All major companies do this. It is not new. To take it personally is kind of funny. All is fair game in marketing. Car manufactures constantly call out others for their shortcomings. Who has the bigger burger? Tech is no different. Rene comes off as if he needs to be Apples defense when these ads pop off. But it comes across way better if you do the way of Apple and just pretend you are above them and say nothing at all.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a problem with anyone discrediting a company for purposely misrepresenting a competitor's product. Any lies, falsehoods and misrepresentations should be exposed, whether by Apple, Samsung or any other entity. Having said that, do you give Samsung a pass for misrepresenting the iPhone and iPhone users via their numerous advertisements or is it merely 'business as usual' in the form of being competitive? If so, then why is it bashing for exposing the deliberate misrepresentations? Shouldn't consumers be made aware of the visual falsehoods to prevent them from possibly making a purchase they will regret?

You are getting hung up on my wording of "bashing". IDGAF what they do. As I said all is fair in marketing. It is the fact iMore is taking such a stance against the "nonsense" that irritates me. Clearly I am not the only one.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You are getting hung up on my wording of "bashing". IDGAF what they do. As I said all is fair in marketing. It is the fact iMore is taking such a stance against the "nonsense" that irritates me. Clearly I am not the only one.

Well, hopefully, Samsung's misrepresentations will cease and thus negate iMore's compulsion to set the record straight. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day...:)

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Because they can't.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

"They can't" that is a bit silly. They can and they do. They just take the low road half of the time. And my guessing is they do it because their research shows it works. Just like MANY OTHER MAJOR COMPANIES.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR