- 16,173 Posts
Developers and customers need better communications from Apple
In many ways, Apple is a more open, forthcoming company than it used to be. But in key areas the company is still troublingly closed.
I've been making a living with Macs long enough to remember the era before Steve Jobs returned to Apple. It was a bad time: Apple made a lot of poorly differentiated, crappy computers, and its operating system wasn't great, either. But before Steve came back, Apple was reasonably open with developers and high-level customers who had issues. Even if they couldn't or wouldn't necessarily correct the problems, there was a bidirectional communication channel. It was for good and for ill: I remember in those days the publication of record for the Mac communication was a weekly trade magazine called MacWeek, and it was known colloquially as "MacLeak," because Apple would regularly talk to them.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 06-04-2015, 09:46 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2015, 08:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2015, 07:40 PM
- By DJxDARIENx in forum iPhoneReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2015, 07:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-04-2015, 03:12 PM