- 16,184 Posts
Having problems with a sluggish iPhone or iPad? Don't be afraid to reset!
If you're struggling with an iPhone or iPad that isn't working right, restoring it as new can be just what the device ordered!
I've had a third-generation iPad — the first Retina Display-equipped model — since it was released. I've never upgraded, not even to the new iPad Air or iPad Air 2 because the iPad 3 has always done what I wanted it to do.
Or at least it used to. When I first updated to iOS 8, it killed my iPad. Made it a doorstop. The iPad became sluggish and unresponsive. It became almost impossible to type on it; launching apps became excruciatingly slow, and I'd occasionally get spontaneous restarts too. I was afraid it wasn't going to be useful anymore. I've recently resurrected it and done a clean install with iOS 8, and I'm quite happy with the results.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 05-26-2015, 10:21 AM #2
Re: Having problems with a sluggish iPhone or iPad? Don't be afraid to reset!
I have been saying this for years, but I'm more in favor of a clean install of iOS rather than just erasing all contents and settings. Still, the point is that starting over fresh can do wonders for your device. Yes, it can be an inconvenience, but the benefits outweigh the inconvenience, in my opinion.
- By asdpro in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 8Last Post: 06-13-2015, 06:00 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Original iPad miniReplies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2015, 10:07 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2015, 09:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 1Last Post: 05-26-2015, 08:41 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2015, 08:40 AM