- 16,233 Posts
Oculus Rift: Another example of the Mac's gaming deficit
Surprised Oculus punted on Mac support? You shouldn't be. The Mac has a huge gaming deficit. And it's getting worse.
Last week Oculus VR chief architect Atman Binstock said that the company put the brakes on Mac and Linux development in favor of focusing on Windows. Oculus is the maker of the Rift, a forthcoming VR headset expected to ship in the first calendar quarter of 2016.
Oculus is focusing on Windows initially for the same reason that legendary thief Willie Sutton supposedly targeted banks: Because that's where the money is. But this underscores an important point. OS X has always been at a disadvantage compared to Windows when it comes to gaming, and efforts like this underscore just how much of a disadvantage Macs continue to have against Windows PCs.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By FiveFingerStudios in forum iOS 8Replies: 4Last Post: 05-27-2015, 11:56 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-19-2015, 08:29 AM
- By MobiSystems Inc in forum General Developer DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-19-2015, 07:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2015, 07:37 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2015, 09:17 PM