- 16,182 Posts
Apple Watch, Apple Pay, and wrist detection: What you need to know
Once you've unlocked your Apple Watch, wrist detection can keep it unlocked for as long as it maintains skin contact.
As security systems go, wrist detection is clever: It lets you have the convenience of accessing your Apple Watch without having to continually re-enter your passcode or password, but provides enough security to protect your data, including Apple Pay credentials under normal circumstances. In that way it's similar to Touch ID, which can unlock your iPhone or iPad based on your fingerprint.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-14-2015, 03:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2015, 01:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple HardwareReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2015, 12:48 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 12:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 11:51 AM