- 16,208 Posts
How to use a PC-formatted drive on the Mac
Macs can easily read PC-formatted hard disk drives. Writing to them, however, is a different story.
If you've switched to the Mac, welcome aboard. Your old external Windows PC drive will work great on the Mac. Apple has built OS X Yosemite and some previous OS X releases with the ability to read from those disks just fine. If you're using such a drive and you'd like to write new data to them, you'll find you can't unless you add new software. Fortunately, you don't have to spend a dime.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 05-18-2015, 12:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 05-14-2015, 01:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-14-2015, 10:41 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 08:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-2015, 08:12 AM