- 16,192 Posts
Why I played games as a guy: The power of the online pseudonym
When I was in high school, I played CounterStrike as a guy.
A very specific guy, in fact — a friend of a friend who'd given me his Steam login information because he didn't use his account. I didn't even realize that I was logging hours on borrowed time; around 2006, the account's owner changed his password and locked me out for good. After all, it had never really been "my" account – and as far as the Steam gameplay records were concerned, I was never even the one playing.
At the time, this type of login exchange didn't seem so strange; digital game marketplaces were relatively new, and I was used to loaning my friends physical copies of games and systems. Now that I had to create a Steam account of my own, though, I ran up against a brand new problem: did I have to game as myself?
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-04-2015, 10:32 AM
- By Swan1360 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-01-2015, 08:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-01-2015, 03:27 PM
- By cornettbr in forum Apple WatchReplies: 5Last Post: 05-01-2015, 02:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-01-2015, 01:01 PM