- 16,237 Posts
Amazing iPad apps to help with autism and awareness
Today is World Autism Awareness Day and the beginning of Autism Awareness Month.
The United Nations General Assembly designated the day in 2007 as a way to raise autism acceptance and help those with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Since it's launch in 2010, the iPad and iPad apps have been a tool in providing that help, and in aiding those with autism in finding their voice.
According to the CDC, one in 66 kids in the U.S. are on the autistic spectrum. According to a study by UCLA, using the iPad can help minimally verbal children more than double the amount of words in their vocabulary, and the earlier they start, the better they do.
Apple has created features like Guided Access expressly for people on the autistic spectrum, and developers around the world have created dozens of apps either specifically or incidentally helpful as well. The App Store is currently featuring a collection of apps for Autism Awareness Month, including several on sale. Toca has also assembled a TocaBox for autism bundle. Here they are, and more!
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Closingracer in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 8Last Post: 04-05-2015, 01:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-02-2015, 08:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2015, 07:53 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2015, 04:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-02-2015, 12:10 AM