- 16,237 Posts
How do I get rid of "xfinitywifi?"
Comcast may be using your home router to broadcast a public wi-fi hotspot. Find out what that means, and how to get rid of it.
There are a lot of Comcast cable modems leased by residential and business customers. Millions, in fact. In 2014 Comcast created a public network on many of them called "xfinitywifi." If you're a Comcast customers, you can use this public hotspot to sign in — using your own comcast.net e-mail address — to access the Internet. The network has confused and worried some of our readers, however. If you're one of them, here's what you need to know.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2015, 03:56 AM
- By SaiChaithanya in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-27-2015, 02:55 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2015, 10:10 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-27-2015, 07:06 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-27-2015, 02:22 AM