- 16,192 Posts
Futurology 1.1: Smaller, higher-capacity batteries are closer than ever before
Recent advancements in Lithium Sulfur and Lithium metal anodes pave the way for smaller, safer batteries with higher capacities.
Back at the start of the year in our Smartphone Futurology series, we discussed the technology behind the battery in smartphones and what's to come in the future. This article is a quick update to that piece, looking at some of the recent developments in batteries based on Lithium chemistry — like the ones powering the vast majority of smartphones.
We'll take a closer look at what reduces your phone's battery life over time, and how high-capacity technologies like Lithium Sulfur batteries and Lithium metal anodes are closer than ever to becoming practical. Join us after the break.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By mws_1984 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 6Last Post: 03-26-2015, 12:46 AM
- By Evilguppy in forum iOS 8Replies: 13Last Post: 03-25-2015, 11:25 PM
- By bmodi in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-25-2015, 01:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 09:35 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-24-2015, 07:44 AM