- 16,184 Posts
USB-C and BadUSB attacks: What you need to know
Apple announced the new MacBook with USB-C connector last Monday and already headlines are appearing linking it to known security issues, like BadUSB.
BadUSB is an attack that uses the way computers interface with the USB standard to try and load malware onto the machine. It's a longstanding issue with the universal serial bus in general, and nothing specific to Apple or the MacBook's implementation of USB-C. Throwing Apple and a hot new product in the headline gets attention, though! So, what's going on?
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 2Last Post: 03-21-2015, 02:32 PM
- By Eskemo30 in forum Mac ProReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2015, 06:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2015, 04:40 PM
- By Gmail in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2015, 04:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-2015, 03:51 PM