Should you try out the Photos for Mac public beta?

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
photos-mac-beta-imac-hero.jpg

Is Photos for Mac ready for its public closeup? Pretty close ?*but don't go in without a backup.
Apple released its first public beta of OS X 10.10.3 on Monday, and with it also comes the first public crack at Photos for Mac. The temptation to upgrade for people enrolled in Apple's public beta program is great, especially for those using iCloud Photo Library on your iOS device, but should you?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

WylieGuy

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a huge photo library, a few of them in fact. I broke them into smaller libraries to make them easier to fit on my notebook when I needed them. Now I'm presented with a new problem and I've not seen any info yet from anyone. Really large libraries, the ones that are in the 100GB range. How is that going to play out. I have 200GB on iCloud, but as far as I can tell Photos is an all or nothing proposition. My computer can handle the library, but my iPhone is 128 GB and I would rather not fill it up with photos only. While opitmized versions will help in many cases it's still a big library. How does Photos handle this situation? I'm thinking of folks with MacBook Airs, iPhone and iPads who may only have a small drive and the library is supposed to be on your mac from what I understand.

WylieGuy

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Also, no one has said if iPhoto/Aperture continue to run on 10.10.3. I know that iPhoto on the iPhone/iPad stopped working after iOS 8 came out because Photos replaced it. Just have to figure out how i will manage my photo library after 10.10.3.