- 16,174 Posts
Unable to target Apple Pay, criminals unsurprisingly stick to fraud, identity theft
Apple Pay is so secure criminals so far have only been able take advantage of it by taking advantage of the banks behind it.
Sadly, identity theft and credit card fraud are nothing new. While Apple Pay does an enormous amount to secure the transaction process itself — merchants are given a one-time number instead of the card number to prevent expose in the case of data breach, for example — securing the banking process against basic social engineering attacks is something else entirely. When reached for comment, Apple told me:
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2015, 02:27 PM
- By notverytechie in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-2015, 04:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-02-2015, 12:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-02-2015, 09:51 AM