Samsung announces Galaxy S6 (the S is for Shameless)

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
galaxy-s6-front-angle-full-9zh2jqc.jpg

One of my favorite Cordelia Chase quotes is ? "Like shame is something to be proud of?". {.intro)
It's so unapologetically brazen, so success is it's own reward, they you just have to love it. The only thing is, you have to be successful to own it. Samsung, with the brand new Galaxy S6 has once again shamelessly copied Apple designs, this time Apple's iPhone 6. Just as shamelessly, they ditched elements like user-replaceable batteries that they used in attack ads as recently as last July. Given their recent problems both in the market and within the company, they've obviously decided doubling down on shameless is just exactly what they need to do. The problem now becomes ?*can they do it successfully?
Samsung Galaxy S6 preview and hands-on

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The S6 and, more importantly, the S6 Edge are nice designs indeed. I watched the complete Unpacked Event and not once did I think of them copying the iPhone's design but now that it's mentioned....

I did note that they seemed to really focus on the camera's ability and will look forward to seeing what the devices can do. I'm not sure losing the replaceable battery and SD card is a good thing but we'll see how the market receives the new designs.

They also went out of their way to note the strength of the design. We'll have to see how it compares in tests.

The S6 Edge doesn't look a copy of anything to me.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The issue I have with the S6 Edge design is screen protection. While, in the Event, they noted the strength of Gorilla Glass 4 I would still want screen protector. I think all there'll be are Zagg Invisible Shield-type protectors, not that that's really bad but I like tempered glass.

the1m.polo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 is my first iPhone and I love it for the most part EXPECT for iTunes... It has me ready to jump back to android. I always said I would never go back to Samsung (huge) HTC fan ... But the changes Samsung made may make me eat my words.

There are something's I still don't know that I'm ready to part with on my iPhone 6. I actually love the mature look and the intricate thought put into iOS over android.

iTunes has really ran me away from iPhone (deleted my music multiple times) and it (iTunes) is the major reason I stayed clear of iPhone in the first place so... Idk ... Even if I don't go back I think Samsung did a knockout job with this phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2