Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

16,184 Posts

Default iPad Air: My constant companion

My iPad Air has become an almost constant companion. I've been around computers most of my adult life but the iPad is the first computer that's ever really felt part of my life.
    My mom is a retired university and elementary school teacher. She's had an iMac for years, received her first iPad in 2011, now has an iPhone and Apple TV as well, and is looking forward to adding an Apple Watch to her setup this April. Since the iPad has replaced the Mac as her primary computing device, she thought it might be interesting to explain how and why. Needless to say, we agreed immediately. Rene
    I wake up early and, as I am retired, I can afford to spend the first couple of hours curled up reading the news on my iPad. I've collected several newspaper apps, including the Montreal Gazette, La Presse, and the New York Times that let me stay informed in two languages and across two countries.

I sometimes also catch up on television using the CBC, CTV, or Global apps. I especially enjoy that I can immediately check on people and facts mentioned in the articles or on the shows. The Safari browser and Google search engine are only ever a click and a tap away.

Full story from the iMore Blog...