- 16,205 Posts
And this is how Verizon failed at trolling the Internet
The FCC took a strong step today in ensuring net neutrality. Verizon... threw a childish hissy fit in Morse Code.
If you hadn't heard, the FCC passed historic legislation today in a 3-2 vote to reclassify broadband Internet as a utility under Title II of the Communications Act. In plain speech, this gives the FCC the same rights to regulate Internet providers as it currently does phone companies. This also means that the FCC is now also allowed to impose those net neutrality rules it proposed earlier this month.
Now, even with today's events, the net neutrality fight is far from over: Undoubtedly there will be lawsuits and challenges from broadband companies to try and get the courts to overturn the FCC vote.
But the first shot across the bow of the FCC's Title II usage wasn't a subpoena or a lawsuit. Instead, someone at Verizon thought it would be just hilarious to deride the decision with a press release in dahs and dits.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 8Last Post: 02-26-2015, 03:01 PM
- By kch50428 in forum VerizonReplies: 3Last Post: 02-26-2015, 02:50 PM
- By zo_zo65im in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-26-2015, 02:39 PM
- By Peterpetram in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-26-2015, 02:10 PM