Lenovo reminds everyone why it's better to get a Mac

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Lenovo_logo.jpg

Lenovo, by injecting adware into its Windows laptop PCs and leaving them open to man-in-the-middle attacks, has so fundamentally betrayed its customers that every one of them should immediately consider switching to the Mac.
Earlier this week it was discovered that Lenovo,*a prominent manufacturer of Windows PCs, had loaded adware into some of its laptops. In order to insert advertising on websites, the adware broke HTTPS certificate authority ?*and that leaves these machines open to untold traffic monitoring and manipulation.
The public discovery of this adware made for a very bad day at Lenovo headquarters. But it made for a very bad, no good, downright horrible day ? and conceivably, a year or more*? for Lenovo's customers.
If you think I'm being sensational or overstating, you're wrong. I'm sensationally understating it.

This is such an egregious assault on customer privacy and data, and in my personal opinion, it should be taken as an opportunity for everyone and anyone to re-consider the benefits of going with an Apple-made computer and switching to the Mac.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to say "At least it was only in their consumer notebooks" which I have never been very fond of but good lord if they have been doing this with the Ideapads, why trust them not to do it with Thinkpads?

Their best notebooks target a different demographic than Macs though. Unless Apple starts offering more SKUs (with machines targeted at gamers and true mobile workstations) I am more likely to say, "Well you should get a Clevo/Precision instead" than "well you should get a Mac"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2