Transferring photos from my Mac to iPhone is a nightmare

boeingrules

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I got my iPhone 6 around a month ago now, and I absolutely love it. However, there was one thing that I was kind of surprised by.

Before joining the iPhone community, I always heard about how seamless transferring data between Apple devices were. Since I had a Mac, it was one of the biggest reasons why I got an iPhone.

However, now that I have both, things aren't going as smoothly as I previously thought it would. Transferring music is ok. Using iTunes I can select albums, artists, playlists etc. from the iPhone window to synch the music to my iPhone. I was expecting more of a drag and drop function from the main music page which IMO would have been a lot more convenient, but I don't mind it.

However, photo sharing is something that a month in I have still not figured out. I have around 4000 photos on my Mac that I wanted on my iPhone. Transferring photos from my iPhone to my Mac was a breeze. Simply click import. But there was no way to transfer the other way around. So I did some research and found out that I needed to do it through iTunes. Fair enough, I thought. A bit counterintuitive but iTunes is the media hub so it made sense.

However, upon transferring all my photos to my phone, I realized that you can't delete them from your phone without synching to your Mac first!!! This is when I was starting to get annoyed. I could delete my synced music from my phone, why couldn't I do the same for my photos? It was so ridiculous.

Currently I'm putting all my photos though my photo stream, however the 1000 picture limit is extremely confusing when trying to transfer 4000 photos. I'm not sure which ones have imported and which ones haven't. Sometimes some photos don't show up and it's just a mess.

I'm super new, so I'm sure there's a solution somewhere especially since nobody else seems to be complaining about it. But I'm wondering why the process is so confusing in the first place. To me using my photo stream isn't an acceptable solution. I am so happy with every single other aspect with this phone, but the photo situation is slightly disappointing.

I'm going to try iCloud Photo Library which will probably work but again, I'd rather be able to transfer my photos offline directly.

I know that photos for Mac is coming up soon. Does anyone know if that will simplify the process? IMO it really can't arrive sooner.

Sorry that I'm so complainy haha. I'm so happy to finally be part of the Apple community. :)

bblove4eva

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I just got an iPhone and I am facing the same problem. Please do let me know if you found a way.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh