- 16,189 Posts
It will soon be a lot easier to unlock a phone from America's top carriers — here's what you need to
The top five carriers in the United States will on Feb. 11 implement new unlocking procedures for smartphones, tablets, and other cellular devices sold on their networks. The new unlocking standards were set forth by the CTIA in late 2013 and, though a voluntary commitment by the carriers, define the conditions under which carriers must unlock your devices — and it's all looking good for the consumer. Once you've paid off your phone, you'll probably be able to get it unlocked, and it'll be even easier with future smartphones.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Smply_Rckless in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-09-2015, 04:59 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 02-10-2015, 08:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2015, 01:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2015, 11:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2015, 11:12 AM