What could Apple do with 2GB of RAM in the iPhone?
iOS has always been incredibly efficient when it comes to its use of random access memory (RAM). It's what makes cross-platform spec comparisons so much more than just a numbers game. Apple gets to write their own native code directly for their own hardware. There's also no garbage collection to account for, no third-party skins to prop up, and no interpreters running between the apps and the metal. It lets Apple get away with 1GB of RAM in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. But it also makes me wonder — what could they do with 2GB?
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 01-20-2015, 12:15 AM #2
- By Michaelc136 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 10Last Post: 01-21-2015, 03:21 PM
- By Lorenzo de Leon in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 4Last Post: 01-20-2015, 11:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-20-2015, 10:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-20-2015, 10:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-20-2015, 09:07 AM