Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

16,194 Posts

Default Bang & Olufsen are showing off their new bluetooth headphones, the BeoPlay H8

Wired headphones are still going to offer the best possible audio experience, but as people become more and more mobile the case for a decent pair of wireless headphones becomes increasingly clear. This year at CES the folks from Bang & Olufsen are showing off their new line of wireless over the ear headphones,which have been dubbed BeoPlay H8.
    Aside from the classic design and high end build materials, which lets be honest is expected from Bang & Olufsen, the headphones are entirely touch responsible. The volume controls and track management happens with swipes and taps, and the battery life on these headphones promise 14 hours of high quality playback on a single charge.

As bluetooth headphones go the BeoPlay H8 certainly gets points for being pretty and functional, but whether or not you are willing to part with $500 is an entirely separate matter.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    iMore Intermediate

209 Posts

Default Re: Bang & Olufsen are showing off their new bluetooth headphones, the BeoPlay H8

I surprised myself with surprisingly conventional and simple choices after trying, buying, selling and settling with headphone and earphone types. Dealing with any more battery charging was not appealing, and electronic noise cancelling was not a cure all.

Bottom line was Apple's OEM earbuds are really good, and B&W were appealing for the simple cable, replaceable parts, easy carry, and comfort that was great on your body and via the nice flat sound. P5 series 2 is what I'm talking about.

Parting with $300 was hard, and diminishing returns over some products. Parting with $500 would be very hard.