Review: Boom 2 amplifies your Mac's audio and tunes with style
A few years ago, at Macworld Expo, my former colleagues and I stumbled upon a neat little Mac utility called Boom. The premise was simple: Your laptop's speakers don't always have the oomph you need when playing back music or video; Boom artificially boosts the sound levels to make everything sound just right.
Boom 2, released Wednesday, improves upon that initial conceit while keeping the heart and soul of the utility intact. Boom's volume boost has now been tailored to each Mac in Apple's lineup, which means your louder audio is also clearer, crisper, and designed to best utilize the speakers in your computer. You can also select from several other equalizer settings (including your own custom equalizer profile) and individually boost the volume of a single song.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM #2iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Review: Boom 2 amplifies your Mac's audio and tunes with style
I just finished reading your article about Boom 2. I have a late-2011 13" MacBook Pro. It's my first Mac. I, too, noticed that my laptop speakers just don't cut it. (Except when it comes to playing a DVD...the equalizer settings make it perfect.) Does Boom 2 increase the laptop speaker sound when watching Netflix content in Safari (through the html5 player) or in Amazon Instant (through Silverlight) or on Comcast/Xfinity's Streaming Content (in Flashplayer)?
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2014, 07:40 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-04-2014, 07:00 AM
- By fastberrytxt in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2014, 06:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-04-2014, 05:16 AM