- 16,201 Posts
U.S. passes E-Label Act to free your gadgets from ugly labels
President Obama has signed the E-Label Act into law on Wednesday, which will allow electronics manufacturers to add labels for products using software rather than having to print the labels on hardware. Essentially, with the law, phones and tablets can be made with cleaner designs as labels and stickers will no longer be needed and the information could instead be found within the phone's software. iPhones and iPads today ship with a number of identifying information, including the serial number printed onto the shell, along with recycling information, the FCC logo, the CE logo, and the model number.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 11-26-2014, 08:14 PM #2
- 11-26-2014, 10:30 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2015, 05:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-26-2014, 07:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-26-2014, 05:30 PM
- By steveg_nh in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-26-2014, 04:10 PM