- 16,195 Posts
How to get your child off an old Apple ID and onto Family Sharing's 'Ask to Buy'
So you want to enable Family Sharing's "Ask to Buy" to buy feature but your child is on an old Apple ID and you can't find a way to go back and change their birthday to make it work? You're not alone. And while there's no easy fix, there is a way to work around it. As long as you've got an open on your Family Sharing account, you can swap your child's old Apple ID to a new child ID, and get Ask to Buy working the way you want it to.
It's important to note that this process can't convert your child's existing Apple ID into a child ID. It creates a new Apple ID and transfers all their data across. That means they won't lose any backups or purchases, but there are still some downsides. For one, they'll have a new email address, which means a new ID for mail, iMessage, and FaceTime. (You can forward email and enable multiple addresses for iMessage and FaceTime.)
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By qbnkelt in forum iOS 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-19-2014, 12:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2014, 10:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2014, 09:12 AM
- By johnmscan in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2014, 09:07 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-19-2014, 08:30 AM