- 16,182 Posts
Snapchat is clamping down on third-party apps, threatens to lock accounts
Snapchat has a had a rough few weeks in terms of security. People's photos were allegedly stolen and posted online recently through the use of a third-party apps. Those apps used reversed-engineered APIs to access the service, which creates a significant vulnerability in account security.
Now, the company appears to be taking a hardline against the practice by sending out emails to those who have been utilizing third-party apps.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Deklan Greenwood in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-15-2014, 02:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2014, 06:23 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2014, 04:26 PM
- By Netforza in forum App StoreReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2014, 02:57 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-14-2014, 02:12 PM