- 16,184 Posts
Review: Monument Valley's Forgotten Shores expansion is a triumph
When it comes to gaming, in-app purchases are a tricky thing. Some games use Apple's mechanism to wrest more cash out of you to complete levels faster; others enrich the game experience with new costumes and player characters; others still use the in-app purchase to build off the original game.
It's that last option that has come to Monument Valley, ustwo's brilliantly-constructed architectural puzzler. The Escher-homaging app first appeared on the iOS App Store in April, winning a number of awards shortly thereafter — including Apple's own prestigious Design Award at the 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference.
Monument Valley was one of my own favorite iOS games to play back in April, and I've been eagerly awaiting its expansion ever since I heard rumors of its existence a few months back. Was it worth the wait and the $2 purchase? Oh, architectural gods, yes.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Closingracer in forum iPad Air 2Replies: 19Last Post: 12-22-2014, 10:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2014, 03:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 10:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 05:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2014, 04:49 PM