Calculator widgets to make an App Store comeback

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
pcalc-notification-center-iphone6-hero.JPG

Yesterday PCalc developer James Thomson heard that he'd have to remove the calculator widget from his app. There as some concern, apparently, that calculators were too heavy for the Today view extension system. Today, iMore has heard that the situation has been re-evaluated and that Apple will now allow calculators as Today view widgets.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm relieved that Apple re-evaluated their decision and decided to allow the calculator widgets to remain. I was planning on never updating my PCalc app again... :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Second that.

It's ok. I have a lot on mine. It looks cool, but I don't use it like I thought I would. I do some. But I could probably delete half of what I have. It takes a lot of space on my Today view widget screen. I'm wondering if having so many affects my other widgets. Here they are:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414704287.910192.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It's ok. I have a lot on mine. It looks cool, but I don't use it like I thought I would. I do some. But I could probably delete half of what I have. It takes a lot of space on my Today view widget screen. I'm wondering if having so many affects my other widgets. Here they are:
View attachment 70079

See I like that, looks cool.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 70079

YES, we know you have Launcher App, and we're still mad at you for not informing us about the app before it was removed.....SMILE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
YES, we know you have Launcher App, and we're still mad at you for not informing us about the app before it was removed.....SMILE
LOL! You're not missing much really. It looks more cool than what it is. I had to create most of the PNG images I used. I'm making some for BeWeather 2 also. I hope I can figure out how to create the custom sets. Sounds confusing to me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL! You're not missing much really. It looks more cool than what it is. I had to create most of the PNG images I used. I'm making some for BeWeather 2 also. I hope I can figure out how to create the custom sets. Sounds confusing to me.

KOOL. I would like to see some new BeWeather sets

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox