- 16,237 Posts
T-Mobile quietly upgrades 2G network security
T-Mobile is quietly upgrading the security of their older 2G network, moving to more advanced encryption that prevents eavedropping. The new, more secure network has already been deployed in at least three locations, New York, Washington, and Boulder, Colorado. The T-Mobile 2G network has previously relied on older A5/1 encryption, with the new security standard known as A5/3.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2014, 11:27 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-27-2014, 09:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2014, 09:52 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-27-2014, 09:23 AM
- By Flapalms239 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 10-26-2014, 07:54 PM