- 16,195 Posts
Apple will face a jury over iPod DRM in $350 million lawsuit
U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzales Rogers denied Apple's request for summary judgment and now the lawsuit filed by RealNetworks over Apple's use of DRM on iPod devices will be sent to trial. At stake is $350 million with accusations by RealNetworks that Apple had stifled competition by locking customers into its iPod and iTunes ecosystem when it used FairPlay and repeatedly updated software to prevent RealNetworks' Harmony DRM content from being played on the iPod.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 05-17-2016, 11:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2014, 07:08 PM
- By JakePleasants in forum iPhone 6Replies: 8Last Post: 10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
- By taytaymonkey729 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:30 PM
- By forbiddens in forum iPhone 6Replies: 8Last Post: 10-03-2014, 07:43 PM