- 16,192 Posts
How to generate and manage app-specific passwords with iCloud
Apple has increased security around iCloud and how apps and devices can access your data. One of the newest forms of iCloud security is the use of app-specific passwords. Essentially, any apps that don't support two-step verification, if you have it enabled, will instead need an app-specific password in order to link up to your iCloud account. This ensures that your primary Apple ID password isn't collected or stored by any third party apps. Luckily, generating app-specific passwords and managing them is easy enough!
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:12 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:00 AM
- By M.Rizk in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2014, 08:33 AM