- 16,189 Posts
Apple A8 tear down reveals big performance in smaller space on iPhone 6
A tear down of the Apple A8 processor inside the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus reveals that Apple has made modest improvements to the processor while shrinking the chip size down when compared to the previous generation A7 chipset. The dissection of the A8 processor by Chipworks reveals that Apple is able to use an improved PowerVR GX6450 GPU and cram 4 MB of L3 cache inside the application processor.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By RavenSword in forum iPhoneReplies: 42Last Post: 09-01-2015, 11:01 PM
- By MASTER JULIAN in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 2Last Post: 09-25-2014, 01:34 PM
- By meyerch5 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-24-2014, 09:47 PM
- By mnicole03 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:43 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:00 PM