- 16,185 Posts
Tim Cook says Apple will bolster security alerts, broaden 2-step verification, increase awareness
Following last weekend's celebrity photo data theft, Apple's CEO, Tim Cook has spoken out about what can be done to better increase the security and protect the privacy of their customers. The steps include sending notifications for account changes, backup restores, and new device logins; broadening the deployment of two-step verification; and to ramp up efforts to educate customers about the dangers of social engineering and phishing attacks, and the importance of strong passwords. The latter of those steps was emphasized when Cook reaffirmed that iCloud servers hadn't been hacked, the individual accounts were hacked.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2014, 06:40 PM
- By Ledsteplin in forum Apple WatchReplies: 10Last Post: 09-10-2014, 02:09 PM
- By kilofoxtrot in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 09-04-2014, 11:27 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2014, 08:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2014, 07:51 PM