Apple offers free replacement program for defective iPhone 5 batteries
Apple is now offering a free replacement battery program for select iPhone 5 models that may come with a defective battery. Those units either experience shortened battery life or require more frequent charging, according to Apple. If you think your phone is affected, you should visit the Apple support page in the source link to check your serial number and see if it qualifies for free battery replacement.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 08-24-2014, 10:00 PM #2iMore Beginner
- 80 Posts
Re: Apple offers free replacement program for defective iPhone 5 batteries
I had an appointment today to receive a new battery. After backing up my phone and erasing all contents on my phone, plus waiting to be serviced once I arrived to the Apple store on time, I was told they just ran out of batteries and I would need to make another appointment. How inconvenient and inconsiderate. If you have an appointment for a new battery, how do they run out? When I scheduled my appointment, I informed them that my appointment was for replacing my battery. Although the store rep was nice, I was totally inconvenienced and not happy! I suggest that if you make an appointment, that you confirm they still have batteries available before trekking to the store!
- 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM #3
- By vegas33139 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 16Last Post: 08-30-2014, 11:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2014, 02:12 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 01:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 01:00 PM