- 16,177 Posts
How to block and report iMessage spam to Apple
There's reportedly been a recent increase in iMessage spam. Since iMessage works like carrier SMS/MMS, and not like social networks where you have to request/accept contacts, anyone with your phone number or email address can send to you. Since there's a desktop iMessage for Mac, it's more convenient than SMS/MMS to send as well. And, well, some human beings simply suck. Fortunately, you can block any number or address that sends you spam, and you can report their iMessages straight to Apple. It takes a few steps, but rage makes them easy to get through!
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- 08-22-2014, 10:20 AM #2
- 08-22-2014, 03:05 PM #3
Re: How to block and report iMessage spam to Apple
One of the many reasons why I love my iPhone is that I can just block the spam text messages and all contact from the blocked number is forbidden. It's a shame there isn't a way to block by SMS content though, like there is in certain Android apps.
The issue with those Android apps is that you have to use their app as your default SMS app in order to block the content. As those apps are first and foremost a blocking app, their SMS interface is usually clunky, ugly and just suboptimal compared to the many pure SMS apps out there.
- 08-22-2014, 03:45 PM #4
- By Haseeb Rehman in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 9Last Post: 08-29-2014, 08:23 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 07:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-22-2014, 05:40 AM
- By Briana_Jenai in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-22-2014, 02:18 AM