- 16,182 Posts
'BadUSB' malware highlights the danger of plugging random mystery drives into your computer
Another day, another apocalyptic prognostication of computer security doom, this time focusing on the omnipresent USB connection. It's called 'BadUSB', and it's a malware proof-of-concept created by security researchers Karsten Nohl and Jakob Lell that exploits a flaw in and resides in the firmware that controls the basic function of USB devices. The researchers claim that it's not a problem that can be patched, saying that they're "exploiting the very way that USB is designed," but in the end all they've done is highlight that you shouldn't go around plugging USB drives, devices, or whatnot that you don't trust into your computer.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By vinodkumarvk in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2014, 08:14 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:10 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2014, 03:50 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2014, 01:57 PM