Square getting an EMV chip update for more secure mobile credit card payments
The little card reader that launched a mobile payments revolution — Square — today unveiled a new version of their card reader that is designed to work with the EMV chipped credit cards. EMV credit cards are a mainstay around the world and just starting to make headway in the United States (including a fraud liability deadline for businessses coming up in October 2015), and the new version of Square supports EMV in addition to the old-school magnetic swipe strip.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-28-2016, 11:41 PM
- By bdavid186 in forum iPad Apps & GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 08-01-2014, 06:08 AM
- By Marco L O T in forum General Developer DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 12:19 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 08:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-30-2014, 08:10 AM