How to prevent unauthorized pairing to your iPhone or iPad using Apple Configurator
When you connect your iPhone or iPad to iTunes on Mac or Windows, and choose to trust that computer, a pairing record is created that maintains that trust for future connections. There's a report going around that claims that if someone takes physical possession of your device and your computer, they can steal those pairing records and use them to retrieve your personal information and/or enable remote logging. If they don't have your computer, it's also claimed they can try and generate a pairing record by tricking you into connecting to a compromised accessory (juice jacking), like a dock, and/or by using mobile device management (MDM) tools intended for enterprise to get around safeguards like Apple's Trusted Device requestor. So, how can you protect yourself?
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By Sean Fanelli in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-06-2014, 10:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2014, 09:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:50 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:47 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-21-2014, 08:10 AM