Please do this before you upgrade to iOS 7.1.2!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Body:
ios_712_iphone.jpg

iOS 7.1.2 has caused some problems for some iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users. Here's how you can avoid ruining your day​
Last week Apple released iOS 7.1.2, a maintenance update to iOS with some iBeacon, data transfer and Mail improvements. Most iPhone, iPod touch and iPad owners have been able to update with no issues. Some, however, have run into big problems with the update ?*enough to brick their device. If you haven't upgraded yet, follow these instructions before you do to help avoid problems.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In summary:

1. Create a backup before updating.
2. Create a backup before updating.
3. Did I mention that you should create a backup before updating?....:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are we supposed to create a backup before updating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(laughing)....but in case you're serious, there is no rule that states that you are "supposed to create a backup before updating", however, it is highly recommended that you do because updates don't always go seamlessly as planned...:)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
(laughing)....but in case you're serious, there is no rule that states that you are "supposed to create a backup before updating", however, it is highly recommended that you do because updates don't always go seamlessly as planned...:)

LOL! No I wasn't serious. I updated a week ago ota and haven't had any problems. I think my battery is better on my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I never backup my iPhone before an update and there was no change in my approach this time(7.1.2) as well.
Be it a major/minor upgrade, I have been pretty lucky however once iOS 8 is released, I might fire a full back of my device, format it and then download/install iOS 8(like installing OS on a bare metal device)

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2