- 16,192 Posts
iOS 8 location permissions: Explained
Every day our iPhones and iPads become a little more integrated in our lives. Every day they learn a little more about us and become more capable than they were before. And every day many of us make a choice to hand over more information about ourselves in exchange for features and convenience. One such piece of information is our location. There's a seemingly endless list of apps that may want to track your location for a variety reasons. From mapping your bike rides to recommending nearby restaurants, many of us grant apps permission to access our location every day. As more apps request and make use of this type of sensitive information, it becomes increasingly important for users to have more granular control over which apps access what information and when. With iOS 8, we will see some noteworthy changes to location permissions intended to provide more transparency, and give users more control.
Full story from the iMore Blog...
- By acerace113 in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 95Last Post: 11-28-2014, 01:14 PM
- By jaleelhamid in forum iOS 8Replies: 12Last Post: 07-02-2014, 12:29 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:34 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2014, 07:40 AM